• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

87' 580K selling price

Emerson

We've moved and I no longer need my 580K. I used it last winter to plow the yard and make a hill for the kids to slide on and other then that I have no use for it and it just sits there so I think it's time to let it go but I have no idea what it's worth.
87' 580K, 4x4 with extenda-hoe
Cummins 4BT with 4 speed
it has a few weeping cylinders, 1 on the boom should be replaced. there's is a crack around the bucket arm mount on the Fuel side but hasn't gotten worse in the years I've had it. None of the electronics work. Window on the drivers side and the rear curved section have been replaced with plexi all other glass is good.. hr meter stopped at 8500hrs and it's been like that since I've owned it but I doubt I put 30hrs/year on it.

I'm on the east coast of Canada and these machines are getting pretty hard to find. Anyone have any insight as to what it might be worth?

Thanks
Bill

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
It sounds tired, numerous things need expensive repair.
I sold one with 5000 hours, I had owned it 14 years, done a good many repairs including new pins, bushings, and seals in the hoe. It had new rear tires, good front tires. Right door got smashed when younger son did NOT follow rules. I had to cut the door, make many pie cuts to straighten the frame. Fabricated a new bottom for the door to repair a rusty section. I paid $500. for new glass, seals & hardware for it. A sound machine, it worked well.
I built a hydraulic thumb.
I got $20,000. US dollars.
Canada is a different place, but US, I'd hope to get $6000.
If four lever control, it won't be as much in demand.

Last edited: