• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

863 hydraulic info needed

Okie RR

it's possible the aux stem ( valve) is stuck and not working.
pull the coils and stems, ign on, but do not start, turn on aux at the dash, use RH paddle and see if the plungers are moving.

:eek:
Crewshief I did check stems they were stuck pb blaster and hitting switch they broke loose. Thanks

Reel hip

Occupation
owner operator bobcat"s and dump truck"s
The capped lines in back go to hydraulic stabilizers (dealer option). Have you hooked up a attachment to see if it powers it? You have worked on the control valve and changed filter (hopefully) Have you ran the hydro switch and trigger. It may be an electrical issue if you have full auxiliary power.

Okie RR

The capped lines in back go to hydraulic stabilizers (dealer option). Have you hooked up a attachment to see if it powers it? You have worked on the control valve and changed filter (hopefully) Have you ran the hydro switch and trigger. It may be an electrical issue if you have full auxiliary power.
I just changed filter today had hydraulic line leaking so replaced 6 that looked bad leaking or not. I'm in process of rebuilding lift band tilt cylinders then I'll fill fluid and try, I have a bucket postion valve that I'll probable have to replace solenoid. I'll see what works when I fire it up maybe tomorrow or the next day.

Okie RR

Well have another issue rebuilding lift and tilt cylinders. Left lift cylinder the head won't unthread, don't have spanner it's already had pipe wrench on it, I've hit pipe wrench with shop hammer put 5' cheater on pipe wrench heated cylinder where threads are with hand held torch with mapp gas, got it preety warm no luck. Do I get the big torch or what? Thanks guys

popsiclepete

Occupation
Mechanical Contractor
Be careful using a large Pipe Wrench, you want to make sure that grab from different locations so as not to oval the pipe or ftgs. Mapp gas may not be hot enough, Oxy Acet. is better.

Okie RR

Be careful using a large Pipe Wrench, you want to make sure that grab from different locations so as not to oval the pipe or ftgs. Mapp gas may not be hot enough, Oxy Acet. is better.
Thanks Pete
I tried everything including heating with cutting torch, but I couldn't get nut loose, took to hyd shop they got it loose need to replace gland nut. probable $175 for nut,$40 for rebuild kit, $300 for hyd shop labor. Better than a new one. Nut won't be here till Thursday, so I'm at stand still.

Okie RR

Still trying to get aux hyd to work no luck. I think some of the wires are not plugged in correctly. Does anyone have a detailed wiring schematic of wiring at aux hyd controler. My coils are working, engine seems to load up a little when i hit switch on handle.

crewchief888

Still trying to get aux hyd to work no luck. My coils are working, engine seems to load up a little when i hit switch on handle.

if the coils are working, and you hear the engine pull down, your aux are working. that being said, i recall you saying the aux stems were stuck, but you free'd them up with PB blaster.. they may not be fully opening, typically once the stem gets "stuck" because of contamination, they may or may not work for a short while until the same thing happens.

i'm curious as to why you say the aux arent working, do you have an attachement connected to the couplers and it's not working?

crewchief888

i'd suspect the aux stems aint opening when the coils are energized.

you should hear the engine lug down quite a bit at idle when the aux is deadheaded in either direction

Okie RR

Hey Chief I checked at Bobcat aux stems are $143 each. I seen somewhere where a guy took stem apart and cleaned them. Do you think this is possible or should I bite the bullet.

crewchief888

Depends on how many times you want to keep messing with them...
My customers want it to work and not fail again.
I don't like doing the same half assed repair time after time.

Okie RR

Crewchief I changed out aux hyd stems (bought 2 new ones) no change. I unplugged coils hit thumb switch engined seemed to load one direction. I was wondering if if you had any info on wiring diagram for aux hyd controler and hi flow I think some of the plugs are mixed up. I want to check it all before I buy controler. Thanks

crewchief888

my suggestion is to contact your local dealer, they might print you out a wiring schematic or the aux circuit.

i dont have that info available on my home desktop.

Okie RR

Crewchief I have replaced stems and coils. I got a grapple hooked up it closes but won't open, Hooked coils to stems out of control valve they seem to be getting signal from thumb switch. I've had aux spool out and cleaned seems like I replaced rubber gaskets under caps. Do you have any suggestions. Sure appreciate your help.

crewchief888

then i'd say the aux is only working in one direction....
new stems and coils....?

square headlights or triangular shaped ones?

by any chance does this machine have an aftermarket ign switch in it?

Okie RR

New stems and coils. I have put coils on stems not in control valve and turn aux on they react to thumb switch. Square headlights. I think it's a bobcat switch key has picture of bobcat. Should I pull aux spool again?