• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

850b-1150b swap

mtnman

is it possable to replace 850b c frame with the 1150b outside track c frame?my 850 has c frame inside the tracks and is trashed along with the blade and angle cylders.i bought 1150 with bliwed motor cheap am wanting the blade on the 850.was wonderin if this idea is possable.id hate to get in on it and somethin wont work.ive not compared them side by side yet[still havent got 1150 home] but im thinkin ican take entire bottom of dozer and interchange them.a whole lot of work but needin a little advice.would it b worth it?as now i have 2 dozers that i cant use any asvice would b appreciated.

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
How bad is engine in 1150b it probably would be easier and less time consuming to repair engine.
What has happened to “C” frame on 850? You might find a used one at an equipment salvage yard.

mtnman

sorry for the late reply been busy.the 1150 has a hole in bottom of block softball size or bigger.top part of engine isnt there.they must have sold it.the c frame on the 850 is broke were the lift cylinders r all the way through.about 8 in behind that on both sides is wore almost threw from tracks.it was that way wene i got it.the c frame mount bushings r not there let tracks eat c frame.also the rail that the idler plate sits on is broke.ive got bushings in c frame mounts now but everytime i weld 1 side the otherside breaks.im not the best welder so 1 x i hired someone to weld it,it lasted a little longer but not much.im in mostly slate rock.welds hold until i hit rock.

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
Well your original question of swapping “C” frames is possible but a lot of work I would think. I would try to find a salvage 850 somewhere to rob.

mtnman

i think ur right.hell its lookin like ill never get the 1150 home anyway.cant find no 1 2 move it.lookin loke im going to have 2 johnny cash it 1 part at a time.i think maybe try to find motor 4 the 1150.sell the 850.i dont have the right place and tools to do the c frame swap.that would take me all year to do it.thanks for advice.

Coy Lancaster

Occupation
service tech
The engine in the 1150b is a 451bd naturally aspirated. I believe the 1175 Case ag tractors had the same engines.