• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

'85 jd 350e steering clutches checks and services

MiningMarine

Hey everybody. I am new here, and want to say thanks for all the help and advice. I work on mobile equipment, but not this 350e(for a little background). Can anybody help me out by sending me a link or a quick down and dirty preventive maintenance routine? I am unaware of any hidden grease fittings, or even if the 2 "side frames" share oil with the transmission. I see there are fill and drain plugs on the back side of the machine.
Also, while on some steep inclines the other day the engine puked all of the coolant out of "some hole, apparently" near the bottom of the radiator. Filled it back up and everything was good to go and she kept running cool. Can an expansion tank addition or something prevent this?
Is it possible to check the wear on the steering clutches without tearing into it?

Thanks and I will be back to check this soon.

luke