• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

8042 skytrak tilt port relief

greerco

Hi, pardon me if I'm wrong. , or this doesn't make sense. I have a 8042 skytrak. On the attachment tilt spool there is a adjustment screw on both sides of the spool . Are these the attachment tilt port relief valves? I cannot find in the manual how to adjust these 2 settings. The valve is very rusty, I cannot get any numbers off it to look up info. Anyone here have a idea how to set them? The rear compensation cylinder rods got bent ( the two at the back of the boom) I put a gauge at the inlet of one of the cylinders and there was over 5k of pressure while doing a few functions with the tilt or boom. So I backed off the two adjustment screws on the tilt spool, so now there's about 2500 psi....
I don't want the new rods to get bent ..

Anyone know how to set those adjustments? I think my issue might be those.
My apologies if my description is poor.
Thankyou for your help

Attachments

• 20230302_194741.jpg
    20230302_194741.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1