• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

793 with a slight mishap

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Rock body just hit the dirt last week, and is using a standard body with great results as well. As far as the location, good Guess Nige. I guess this isn't your first rodeo.........
Coming up to 40 years, man & boy. Most of it around big yellow iron. So I guess you can say it isn't my first rodeo. I've got to the point now where I'm thinking of making a career of it ...... :cool2:cool2

Last time I was up there was a while ago, Black Thunder to be exact. We were tearing down some 793C ex-rental units that went way South from there. December it was, and fcukin' cold.

Last edited:

Catman4

What are the ODDS that CAT will "Teir 2" the 3516 HD.......

I though 3500 would be dead in the water after the C-175 was released......now I believe they will be still developing them in 10 years time....ACERT fuel system, DPF???

I have seen a photo of a 3500 in Cat lab test cell complete with common rail fuel system fitted up. The high pressure fuel pump (HPFP) looked like the current Woodward HPFP used on C175 engines.
The 3500 was called 3500 NGCR ( Next generation common rail).
Its interesting to consider the reason for hanging in there with 3500 given the C175 is very similar displacement and were always explained / introduced as the replacement for the 3500 platform.
Perhaps the economics of shutting down that production capability when there will be increased demand ( Bucyrus and global mining expansion ) for this sized engines platform dictated this.

Catman4

Do you have any info on the 793F FCV failures / problem ......were they engine cranks but wont start issues? Also the tranny clutch seal - was it identified by trans low oil level alarm coming on as I made mention in previous thread?
793F tranmission hyd controls are ECPC not ICM......its all done with ET and excess clutch piston seal leakage is confirmed when the ET automated transmission fill test aborts on a particular clutch.

orville

Occupation
Millwright / weldor
This is kind of not on topic, but could anyone tell me how many yard loader a 793 is? The job I am on we used a 793 with forks to move a large steel assembly that weighs close to 20,000 LB's, made the rear wheels kind of light. I think it is a 5 yard machine, am I right?

Last edited:

Gavin84w

This is kind of not on topic, but could anyone tell me how many yard loader a 793 is? The job I am on we used a 793 with forks to move a large steel assembly that weighs close to 20,000 LB's, made the rear wheels kind of light. I think it is a 5 yard machine, am I right?

793 is a 240 ton capacity Cat dump truck, well at least the one we are talking about here is.

orville

Occupation
Millwright / weldor
793 is a 240 ton capacity Cat dump truck, well at least the one we are talking about here is.

I can't remember numbers, Cat has so many of them. Today I wrote the number down, it is a 972G rubber tired loader. For some reason I thought the machine in this thread was a loader. But if it was it would have been in the wheel loader section of this forum. I apologize for my ignorance.

Ross

Do you have any info on the 793F FCV failures / problem ......were they engine cranks but wont start issues? Also the tranny clutch seal - was it identified by trans low oil level alarm coming on as I made mention in previous thread?
793F tranmission hyd controls are ECPC not ICM......its all done with ET and excess clutch piston seal leakage is confirmed when the ET automated transmission fill test aborts on a particular clutch.

It weren't the control valve it's the pump that's going on the fritz. 50 grand a pop.

Those 793F's are 80 BCM cycle.

The tranny is pro port control. You need to alter pressure via the pro pops before doing the fill test. An indication of failure before the triple fill would begin.

So much going on here I couldn't even comment!

Edit: Thanks for replying to my email Nige!

Last edited: