• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

7810 or a SVL90?

Adam500

I have not ran a Kubota yet. Finding a used one in NY is impossible. They only exist for sale on paper and computer screens. When you want to buy one they are always out on rental.

Shimmy1

I have not ran a Kubota yet. Finding a used one in NY is impossible. They only exist for sale on paper and computer screens. When you want to buy one they are always out on rental.
Yeah, we had to beg, beg, and beg some more, then pay $150 to get them to bring us one. Then, the salesman seemed almost enraged when we told him we were going with the Bobcat. They were delivered at the same time and we ran them side by side.

Adam500

I've been begging sence August, still haven't seen one. The 770 and 870 are awesome machines be the overall height of them really kills it for me. And they do cost a bit more.

Construct'O

Occupation
Dozerwork,tiling plus many more!!!!!!!
As far as your question about using 90",i use a 84" bucket all the time with out problems CTL Deere 332.That is a high cap 1-yard bucket also.You only talking 3" more on each side of the bucket.Probably have to have the bucket custom made for 90",but there might be a few that are out there.Good luck

Adam500

Bobcat sells a nice 90" bucket with teeth for about 2 grand.
I think there an option for the T870.

Legdoc

I have a SVL-90 and must say it is top notch. It only has 175 Hrs. and has worked flawlessly. Typical Kubota quality. If I was looking for a new machine I would stick with Kubota.

Adam500

Thanks for all the response guys. They were all very helpful.
I found a 7810 with the Perkins fairly local and got it so cheep that I can afford to fix any major problems with it in the near future. Its a plain Jane work horse, open ROPS, T bar controls, no heater but it does have high flow and low hours. I'm going to put the VTS on it as soon as I get it. I think I'm just going to widen the bucket it comes with to 90"
I'll still have less money in it even with the brand new track kit than I would buying a decent used Kubota. The Ghel is definitely more machine if it stays running!:)
I'll let everyone know how it works out for me. I'd love to put some good info out there on this machine with the track kit because there's not a lot out there now.

Last edited:

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
You may want to find out what size tracks your VTS will require. There are a bunch of VTS tracks going up on Iron Planet on the 15th. You could pick up a second set of tracks for at least half price. I did not see any actual VTS systems just tracks but I may have missed something. This is how I got my VTS, it was new on the pallets for 5K.

Adam500

Thanks guys. Trying to find a used set for the 7810 is pretty tough. There are naturally a lot more out there for smaller more popular machines. I already figured the cost of a new kit in the cost of this thing.
After owning 2 RC100's for many years, I never even thought about buying used tracks. I only get about 1000 hours on my ASV's. Putting used sets on those is just chasing your tail. Not worth the labor(that I do myself!) And the cost more than any replacement VTS track I have seen.
What I'm trying to say is after maintaining 2 Posi-tracs for so long ANY undercarriage even brand new is going to be way cheaper than what I'm used to.
42 bogey wheels per machine for Christ sake!

ddslinde

It sounds like you need to demo the SVL90 to see if it'll pick what you need it to...

JGibson

I personally cannot see now the Gehl is better then the kubota. Other then the fact that it can technically lift a little more. The difference isn't nearly large enough to see why it would preform better then a Kubota. Owning the ASV's has gotten you used to the joystick controls. If you are lifting things I would rather have the joystick controls which you can easier make smooth movements. If you get a new operator on it, it would be much safer. The kubota can dig much better then Gehl. The only issues I have heard about the kubota is the cab isn't the best, and thats really it. But I can't see how the gehl cab is better. I would definitely take another look at the Kubota machines. If I were going to buy a CTL I would buy the Kubota in a heartbeat. Also I can see how the cats are very expensive but I would look at the T770 Bobcat.