• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

7753 hydrostat support

Rob P.

Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys,
Bobcat 7753 kubota v2203
Wondering if anyone knows offhand the bolt size for the hydrostat pump support bolt that frequently breaks off (so I've read) but on my machine luckily it's just missing. I found a bolt I thought would work but it only went in a few threads and I don't want to strip the hole out... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Rob

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I can't address the 7753 specifically, but most Bobcat's I've worked on that bolt is 1/2" - 13. But I recall there's also either a spacer or spacer washers that fit between the bracket and the threaded hole in the pump as well. For no more than those pieces would cost I'd just get my Bobcat parts guy to supply the correct pieces for me, that way you know you have the correct parts. It wouldn't be much coin. Keep in mind the threads may be wallowed a bit from the previous bolt coming loose. Also, be sure and clean the threaded hole well with either chlorinated brake cleaner or starting fluid to remove oil residue, then used red threadlocker when fitting the new bolt.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
BTW, I'd love to have me some cheese grits from Aunt Catfish restaurant. Maybe I'll get back there one day. :cool:

Rob P.

Occupation
Retired Firefighter
BTW, I'd love to have me some cheese grits from Aunt Catfish restaurant. Maybe I'll get back there one day. :cool:

Thanks for the help! Those cheese grits sure are good!

I did get the local Bobcat dealer to print me the schematic and they actually show a bushing and a washer and the bolt itself...the bushing is apparently unavailable though. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out what size it should be and fabricate something.