• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

773 BOBCAT Overheat Problem

goodearth13

Occupation
Patrol Man for Sioux County
My 773 Bobcat overheats after about 20 minutes of using it to blow snow with a Bobcat 250 Snow Blower. It used to overheat after using it for over an hour. I topped off the anti-freeze before starting. The motor oil was full & hydraulic oil is in the middle of the sight glass.
Thank You, Goodearth13

Aarons81

I'd start with verifying the actual motor temp using a temp gun on the block. Could just be a bad sending unit.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
I'd start with the basics. Coolant level and concentration, airflow through the coolers is unobstructed and fan speed is correct.

Rob Gunn

Are you sure its the engine that is over heating? I had a old Bobcat 630 that would get way hot and actually stop moving due to the main hydraulic pump being worn-out. The fact that you say you are having more issue while using the snow blower really make me think you may have pump issues rather than engine issues.