1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

763 valve block leaking

Discussion in 'Skid Steers' started by KyDirt, Nov 30, 2017.

1. KyDirt

KyDirt Member

Construction Superintendent
    1996 bobcat 763. Lost all my hydraulic oil through this valve block today. https://photos.app.goo.gl/609SXo3vO5FJoiwE2 The cap on the end of the lower "spool valve" (excuse my ignorance if that's not what these spring operate) began hemoraging oil today. When i removed the cap there was no gasket or seal of any kind. That leads me to believe there should not be oil getting to this cover. Can anybody get me started here on my next step?
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/609SXo3vO5FJoiwE2

2. Delmer

Delmer Senior Member

The seal should be under the spring. Usually an o ring under a "washer". Work the spool to get it to pop out.

You can try that, or wait for a definitive BOBCAT answer, that's what it's like in most valve spools.

3. KyDirt

KyDirt Member

Remove the spring and try to remove the spool as well or leave the spool in and try to work the seal out from around it?

4. Delmer

Delmer Senior Member

Leave the spool, try to operate the valve to work the spool loose to where you can get ahold of it.

5. 63 caveman

63 caveman Well-Known Member

6. KyDirt

KyDirt Member

Got the parts ordered. Appreciate all the input.

7. crewchief888

crewchief888 Senior Member

read through willie's thread on control valve seal replacement BEFORE you start ripping things apart.

:eek:

63 caveman likes this.
  8. KyDirt

KyDirt Member

Watched it already. Excellent instructional. Thanks for the heads up.

9. KyDirt

KyDirt Member

Installed the seals and fixed the issue today. I have a 97 763c. No removable spool lock block like the one in Willies thread. Not having to remove spool lock or replace spool lock seals made my rebuild considerably easier i would assume. Did it all from the top side. Appreciate all the input and advise that got me through.

10. willie59

willie59 Super Moderator

Service Manager
    I just spotted this thread, good to hear you got it sorted out KyDirt. Last time I rolled through London on I-75 I stopped at the Old Town Grill and had smoked meatloaf. Gotta say it was purty damn good. :cool:

KyDirt likes this.