• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

763 bucket bushings

moosefd

Anyone know how to remove the bushings from the loader arms where it connects to the quick attach?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Do you mean "how to remove the coupler pivot pins" first? And then how to remove the bushings from the coupler?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
To be clear, I'm not asking about the bolts, I'm asking about the pins that attach the bucket coupler to the loader arms, have you knocked those two pins loose that attach the coupler to the loader arms?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
No worries. First of all, keep in mind, we're going back and forth on an internet forum. You're looking at the machine, you know what you need to do and what you've done, we're not there, we depend on information that you provide and it's been very limited. A better way to have started this would be:

"Hey guys, my bushings are worn out in my Bobcat 763 bucket coupler and I can't figure out how to get the coupler off. I've removed the two bolts that attach the coupler to the loader arms but it won't let go. Any advice on how to remove the coupler?"

Information is critical. ;)

With that said, here's the process:

Remove attachment from coupler

Place two 4 x 4's or 6 x 6's blocks on the ground, start the machine, tilt the coupler fwd until the face of the coupler is parallel to the blocks, lower loader arms until coupler face is not touching but just above the two blocks

Remove the pin that attaches the tilt cylinder to the coupler

Start the machine and suck the tilt cylinder in, you don't need it in your way

Remove the grease zerk fitting that is used to grease the coupler pivot pins on each side

Remove the two bolts (one on each side) that attach the coupler to the loader arms

Remove the thick washer from the two bolts

Re-install the bolts and screw them in until there's a 1/8" to 1/4" gap between the hex head of the bolts and the hole the fit into in the loader arms.

Whack the head of the bolts smartly with a sledge to unseat the tapered pivot pin. You'll know you've hit home when the gap between the hex head of the bolt and the loader arms is now gone

Screw the two bolts out until they un-thread from the pins, then use the bolts to push the pins inward, remove the bolts

You may need to use a rod or drift to push the pins inward a bit more

Once the pins are pushed fully inward the coupler will be disconnected from the loader arms. :)