1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

753 Chain Case Overfull

Discussion in 'Skid Steers' started by KyDirt, Jan 17, 2015.

1. apetad

apetad Senior Member

Compact Construction Equipment Sales
  2. BobCatBob

BobCatBob Senior Member

New seals...good to go.

3. KyDirt

KyDirt Member

Construction Superintendent
    The plan all along has been to pull the motors, install seal kit, and get back to work. The following statement from Loader Parts Source page is what has me suddenly asking "are my motors junk". If your geroler is worn we will be unable to rebuild your motor. The geroler is the center drive section and if you can turn the shaft by hand it is badly worn. We are unable to rebuild 80% of these motors due to this common failure and a new motor is the only option if they are available. I can spin both motor shafts by hand. Internally I see nothing that indicates a severely worn motor. Actually I was quite surprised to see such good looking internals on a piece of equipment this age. So what's the general consensus, is free spinning motor really a lost cause like they claim?

4. JSMITH

JSMITH New Member

Surging, Bucking, Jerking

Hey guys, long timer reader, but first time posting. hope this is not hijacking this post since I initially added too much fluid and hope this is the answer to my problem.

I have been able to work on my own equipment for years now since the repair shop made the comment " its not how much you pay for the equipment that hurts. its how much it cost to work on it to keep it running". I have not been to the repair shop since 2007.

I have been searching posts for the bucking and jerking problems and have not been able to find anything to help me understand what I need to do. So I went back to the moment before the problem occurred and this past weekend after delivering my Bobcat T-190 to my property in NC. I added about 2 1/2 gallons of hydro fluid because I had a small leak on top of the hydro pump at the square post for the pintals. ( thanks to Willie59 for the in depth post on how to do this with ease) Once I replaced the o rings and seals I did the adjustment for neutral, then added maybe a bit to much fluid. anyhow I was able to work several hours on Friday evening and about 4 hrs on Saturday am when I had a problem with the entire machine bucking wildly. I have been working on moving a hill side and stock piling the dirt for future use. All I could think of is that I may have over filled and cause something to break loose and cause a blockage. I may be incorrect on this since I later noticed that the extra is just coming out of the vent tube. I was wondering if it allowed some air to be introduced and cause cavitation. No foam that I can see in the fluid. it is time for the filter to be replaced and I have one ready, but was waiting to see if I need to do more before I changed all the fluid and filter.
    I have been operating this machine for around ten years and the reaction that I get is similar to when I drive on asphalt the same jerking motion. when it starts I just completely let go of both sticks and it stops. I again placed the entire machine on blocks and re adjusted the neutral blocks and while I had it running off the ground I decided to go thru the process to see if it was jerking without a load. sure enough it ran flawless and fast in forward, backward, zero turn in both directions no jerking of the stick and no hold back pressure on the stick. what I mean by the hold back pressure,,, before I raised the machine again I tried to do several tests at different rpms so I ran it full force in forward and as it was trying to buck and jump I could feel the resistance of both sticks trying to force it backwards. almost like a pulsating action back and forth after about 8 seconds it is so wild it will literally give you whip lash. Needless to say I hope it is a simple filter change and fluid. thanks for any help in figuring this problem out. I have a 2003 T-190 with 2200 hrs. no major work ever except sprockets and a rear idler the rest is just filters, new muffler and new tracks. oil changes done regular, along with the filters for all fluids.