• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

7410 PTO Not Working

bchand220

JD 7410 w/cab, PTO light comes on solid for a second or two then starts to flash. Shaft not moving at all.

SamT

There's an issue with the PTO system when the light flashes. Can you recall any damages to the shaft recently? It could simply be obstructed by debris or something. The flashing light can sometimes indicate a clutch or brake problem, so I'd get it looked at asap!

bchand220

Ok. Also, We haven’t used the PTO on this tractor in a couple of years. Didn’t know if that would have anything to do with it or not. Last time at dealer for something else they noticed where mice had been working on the wiring a little under the right side control panels. This is where the pto switch is so didn’t know if that could be a possible issue.
Thanks for the help.

RobertJ

I'm just guessing but I think you'll find the mice chewed through the wires that go from the control module to the pto solenoid. The pto light starts to flash because the computer isn't sensing any speed from the pto shaft then it will stop sending power to the solenoid. It could be a bad pto clutch, no pressure from the pump to the pto clutch, or something mechanical inside, but its most likely in the wiring or the solenoid went bad. I don't know where the solenoid is exactly on that model they are usually on back of the tractor somewhere. I think the controller for the pto is behind the seat or behind a panel on the back of the cab. If you test for power out of the controller ONLY use a multimeter otherwise you could damage the controller.