• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

740b regen headache

jon holt

Yep, i slept on it and i remembered it does ground at the mounting bolt for the coil. I have tried a coil wire off of another machine that was working correctly and no change there so i guess i have eliminated one link in the chain. Unfortunately we got 7 inches of snow last night so i wont be able to get to the machine today.

jon holt

Well I finally got this beast figured out. I put a new coil and wire on it and still had the spark jumping around and weak. I then put another spark plug in which makes it the third new one to go in and i got a better spark and it wasn't jumping around. Tried to do a regen and it still failed but the aftertreatment temperature would go up instead of just going down. It wasn't jumping up like it should, it just slowly went up and it didn't get up to temperature in time. I then stuck a reman ard head (customer had put a brand new ard head on) and ran the regen and it went right in and lit off. Ran a successful regen. I am not sure why there were so many new parts that were bad but it seems that the new ard head and spark plug that the customer installed are bad. I am not sure about the coil and coil wire but I left them on just for good measure.

jon holt

I did do an ohm test on the swirl plate to ard housing and it was .4 ohms. I ran jumper wires from the swirl plate and the ard housing back to the coil bolts and there wasnt any change in the spark.