• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

710D Won't start, Hyd. Issue

Irvan05

Our 96 710D won't start unless the Hyd. Pressure is removed. After being run if you were to get on the tractor and just turn the key it sounds like the batteries are almost dead (It turns over but very sluggishly). you move all of the Hyd. components i.e. front bucket and backhoe, and it starts just fine like nothing is wrong. This issue is getting worse and worse. Anyone ever had this issue?

Delmer

I haven't had the issue or fixed it, but your hydraulic pump isn't "destroking". There's a solenoid that controls a valve in the pump that is supposed to keep the pump from "loading up" as it's started. That solenoid may burn out at 12V so don't hotwire it. The solenoid is easy to see on the outside of the pump, take the wires off and see if it's burned out (very high ohms, no continuity) or check if it's getting voltage when cranking, then pull the valve out and check it.

I can't explain it getting worse and worse? cranks slower and slower? happens more often? Maybe the starter is getting tired of being abused?

Last edited: