• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

"71" DRMCO Champion 565S Info???

Pawpincher

I'm having trouble finding info on my D-565S grader. Talked to an ol boy at Jade 6 or 7 years ago about getting some manuals but the cost was scary so I've just run it for the last 13 years pretty much trouble free for maybe 20 hrs. per year. She leaks some oil here & there but I keep good oil in the CC and the hydraulic topped off. Now it's starting to slip in the tranny a bit and I can't find where to check or add tranny fluid? Not even sure what it takes? ATF,10wt. or gear oil??? If anybody's familiar with this and can share a pointer or two, I'd appreciate the help.
Thanks

DB2

Which transmission?
Likely the clutch needs adjusting unless it’s a powershift and it is in fact slipping.

Can you post any pictures?

Pawpincher

I'm thinking a powershift. It has a 1-4 selector and a fwd-neutral-rev selector on the floor. If it has a Torque converter it will need 10wt. or ATF somewhere correct?Torque Converter.jpg D-565S.jpg

DB2

Definitely no clutch on that one. Not sure on type of oil but there should be a plug about a 1/3 of the way up the side of the transmission that would be the level. Not sure which side on that particular unit. Jade Equipment in Edmonton AB Canada are the experts in Champion. They should be able to tell you what fluid.

Pawpincher

10-4 Thanks! I'll get ahold of Jade tomorrow. Maybe even break down & buy the manuals that I should've bought years ago.