• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

70's CASE CK 580 BATTERY

Bigchuck

What is the best battery for me to use in my mid 70's Case CK 580 Backhoe. The battery in it isd very old and does not hold a charge anymore. I cant get to it right now due to road closure before our camp so if someone has info would help alot. I can pick one up before i head in around May. Many thanks to all.
PS I will be doing some repairs to it this spring, mostly on backhoe cylinders and some new hoses. I dont need to rebuild the valve bank since my Father in Law did it before he passed. I will surely be busy working on it to bring it back to its former glory.
Big Chuck

Coaldust

Occupation
Cargo Tanks, ULSD, RUG, Methanol, LPG
Big Chuck,
Nobody has replied, yet. A group 29H from your favorite battery store should fit your old Case just fine. NApA, Wallyworld, Interstate, Whatever.

outlawspeeder

I just did this, that is the right size and go for the most cold cranking Amps. Look at where the negative and positive posts are.
I also put in new cables with a shut off (hidden). It isn't going to stop the bad guy but it will slow them down enough for me to grab the gun.