• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

'68 580CK Gage Replacements...

chiptoomey

I need to replace the tach and hydraulic pressure gage on my 1968 580CK (shuttle shift)

Two questions:

1) Hydraulic Gage - what pressure range did the original gage cover. I can easily get an aftermarket replacement but want to make sure I have the right range
2) Is there an aftermarket tach that will work for this application or do is it recommended to use the OEM replacement?

Thanks,
Chip

Phil

Chip,
I think the shuttle pressure ranges from approx 150-190psi when in the 'green'. I think the original gauge A33982 is still available. Coleman Equipment shows it as a good part# for $48. Can't help you with the tach. If they sit for a while with a broken cable they will seize up, but the drive end of the tach can be oiled, sometimes that helps. Generally quite robust in construction. My son has successfully taken these apart. Some older farm tractors share a similar type of gauge.Phil:)

chiptoomey

Thanks Phil!

When you mention the shuttle pressure gage, are you talking about the picture below or the gage on the hydraulic filter (above the buckets controls).

Attachments

• IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 565

chiptoomey

Phil - this is interesting. I need to add a voltage gauge (the alternator just crapped out, it would have helped with diagnosing) but I am most interested in your clutch pressure gauge.

I have a converter temp gauge but no clutch pressure. When I search the CASE parts catalog, I can't even find a converter temp gauge.

That being said, adding two gauges to my cluster won't be a problem. Can you give me any info on where to hook the gauges up to?

I can get regular pressure gauges and hydraulic lines fairly cheap through work so I will add two conventional gauges, I just need to get the pressure ranges right.

What should I be seeing for normal operating pressures for the shuttle and converter?

Phil

Chip,
The amp gauge had been replaced with a voltmeter before I got it. Not sure where your converter temp gauge came from. As I recall the temperature sensor located on the converter pressure regulator valve, actuates the 'middle' idiot light, on the dash.

I believe the shuttle pressure range is 160-190psi, that's what it's supposed to be adjusted to in the test procedure. Think I have a picture of where it's line attaches, on the shuttle valve assembly. Phil:)

Attachments

• shuttle valve assembly.JPG
    shuttle valve assembly.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 495