• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

655 d

jughead

Occupation
retired
had to load 18 concrete retaining blocks that weighed 5000 lbs. each. need to know if i have a problem. the hoe boom would not pick one straight up in any position. i could move them with any other part of the boom at idle. the boom will pick up the back of the tractor easily at idle. engine speed did not make a difference.:confused:

PDG X

Occupation
Owner Operator
655d

The boom is not the strongest lifting member of any backhoe due to the angle of the cylinder mounting. Full lifting capability is with the Stick. Get the boom positioned where you can use it best, then do a stick lift. Extra height can be obtained if you set your chain correctly and can curl the bucket out.

jughead

Occupation
retired
thank u that is what i did. it just would have been so much easier if i could have used the boom.