• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

644c how good is it

pjdiesel

Occupation
excavation
Looking at a 644c hours on meter is 8900 don't know if it's right. I was wondering how the transmissions are and what else I should look at. thanks

ranchingelec

We picked ourselves up a 544a Yes it is a little older, but it sure has been a rock solid machine. Pushing brush up, cleaning corals, ect. No complaints so far. John dear has been good to deal with for getting parts. A neighbour has a 644c, uses it for cleaning his drive in the winter. He has had no problems with it so far. Sorry I am no more help but I need to make a few posts in order to ask a few questions about my 544a.

Ranchingelec

Case 580e

Occupation
heavy equipment operator
Ive got a 644c loading trucks in my pit and that can load faster than a 966 cat and its got some power. One thing the check its the center pin and the cylinders. Thats all I can really think of

Last edited:

Vahighwayman

Occupation
Injury Retired from Virginia D.O.T. Equipment Oper
The other thing you might need to look at to see about any slop in the upper and lower articulating pins. You don't want the holes that they go into oblonged. Repair is very costly. Another thing is to look at the driveshaft carrier bearing and the disc brake pads and disc.

pjdiesel

Occupation
excavation
Tried it out today, ran good brakes were good two bad things were hydro. leak somewere on trans and center pins were really bad must be warn into frame. thanks for your input , someone told me c models had bad tranmissions, true or false, I always heard the E models were bad not the c model.