1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

627B How do i adjust the clock on this scraper?

Discussion in 'Scrapers' started by ken parker, May 28, 2020.

1. ken parker

ken parker New Member

How do i adjust the clock so both engines can talk to each other, I have a 1978 627B scraper and i have replace all the electrical wiring all 200 lf of it and it still wont run right

2. Mark250

Mark250 Senior Member

heavy equipment technician
    serial number please
    I am a bit confused your saying the engines wont talk to each other.
    These engines are not electronic,(unless they have had an emissions update) they are mechanically governed engines and the rear engine is throttled up and down by an air slave cylinder controlled by its own throttle pedal
    if the engines are not running properly have you checked the basics, air, fuel, valves etc
    You also said you replaced the electrical wire. Do you mean you changed the harness between tractor and scraper all the way to the rear engine/transmission.
    Are you in fact chasing a transmission shift sync problem between tractor transmission and scraper transmission
    What clock are you talking about?
    Do you mean transmission syncing either the shift card or rotary switch depending on serial number

Nige, Buckethead and Vetech63 like this.
  3. Nige

Nige Senior Member

Really need the S/No of both the tractor (front end) and the scraper (rear end), just in case someone has been playing "cut & shut" with a front half from one machine married to a rear half from another. They will be different and there are four different options for each one...........

4. nicky 68a

nicky 68a Senior Member

Getting those back trannies synced up will be hard work and require a good bit of knowledge.
    Not for the jobbers sort like me!

5. StanRUS

StanRUS Senior Member

1st check both trans mechanical-hydraulics: Filters and Screens looks for clutch and metallic particles. If one of the transmissions has basic wear issues the electrical controls won't function correctly.