• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

621F Case has a mind of it's own

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
being the King of Obsolete i usually don't have anything to do with new machine. this case arrived in the Kingdom with 635 hrs on it and a flat tire. i used the machine to raise it's self up to remove the tire. the machine was idling fine then it reved up to 1300 rpm and then it was fun to get the controls to work smoothly to put the loader on the safty stand.
so which knob do i adjust to keep this thing from reving up with no one in the seat???

thansk
KoO
Published Author

Attachments

• too new case sept 16 2013.jpg
    too new case sept 16 2013.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 453

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I'm not familiar with a 621F KoO, but is there a display showing the machine is in "auto warm up" mode possibly?

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
talked with the fellow running the machine and it revs up all day when you don't want it to rev up. of course the machine came with only the book for the forks not the machine. once again the internet will be helping us out at the end of the world.

thansk
KoO
Published Author

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Well, as I stated, not familiar with that machine, but I do hope you get it sorted out as it looks like a nice tidy machine. :drinkup

King of Obsolete

Occupation
marketing my life style
this new style loader is just for moving the tubs with the spike and such. the 320 komatsu is the work horse on the project. then you have me the King of Obsolete working away dragging rail with a d6 9u which is 63 years old, lol.

thansk
KoO
Published Author

Attachments

• du 9u pulling rail sept 09 2013 001.jpg
    du 9u pulling rail sept 09 2013 001.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 409
  • du 9u pulling rail sept 08 2013 003 (2).jpg
    du 9u pulling rail sept 08 2013 003 (2).jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 415

Me1magoo

Could be doing a "regeneration"? F models are Tier 4 and it probably has a DEF tank (right rear of machine, raise the engine hood and look for a blue cap). That may require it to raise RPM during the process when it is running with no demand. The new units do NOT like idle time, that builds up the soot in the DPF's fast with low exhaust temps.

gggraham

Occupation
Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
There is no regeneration with DEF like the DPF and an EGR. The urea just increases or decreases.
If the engine does not consistently return to low idle, check the machine power mode.

In the 'MAX' power mode, it is normal for the low idle to increase to 1200 rpm when working. This enables the engine todeliver maximum power for heavy work conditions. The engine will return to 900 rpm when the transmission is in neutral.

If a lower power mode is required, use the operators manual to switch power modes to 'STANDARD' and operate the machine. The low idle will return to 900 RPM.

The operator may also try 'AUTO' and 'ECO' modes to see which work mode best fits the operation. This will also provide the best fuel economy. See the attached information for an explanation of each work mode (text is copied below).

The idle may also increase to 1200 rpm when the auto-idle mode is selected. When the temperature of the coolant and hydraulic oil falls below 4.4 degrees C (40 degrees F) in the auto-idle mode, the engine idle will increase to 1200 rpm until the operating temperature is met. See the attached information for an explanation of the auto-idle/auto-fan mode

Gene Allar

gggraham,
Sorry to intrude on this forum but it looks like you know a great deal about the 621F.
I just purchased a new-to-me 2013 Case 621F Wheel loader. We need to drive the unit 9 miles from our shop to the places we use the loader to plow snow. It seems like anytime we get above 1700rpm the yellow caution comes on referring to code 3350, Termin50 sig. Wrong operation. It also notes DEF/Ad/blue injection failed, torque limited. If we shout down the unit for a bit and restart, the caution remains but the engine will operate good up to about 1700rpm. Again if we go past the 1700, next the red stop will appear cutting power. I am not sure if the 1700rpm is the issue or just a coincidence or not. Our dealer isn't coming up with a fix yet. They tested the DEF fluid and found it only at 30% so we drained the tank and refilled with new DEF. We changed the knock sensor since it came up as an issue on their computer. Same problem after both adjustments. Any help would be greatly appreciated.