• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

615C Not build air past 60 PSI

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
KS is that schematic from a 615?
It's correct for the Serial Number according to SIS. Fits everything up to 9XG1824. The machine itself dates from 1997.
Actually the Air Dryer Gp is listed as an Attachment (option) so it might be that this particular machine doesn't even have one. The system isn't exactly specific regarding whether it does or not.
And if it does have a dryer, I seriously doubt it's ever been serviced.
That may have something to do with the problem. Who knows.?

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
KS is that schematic from a 615? because if it is-that is one really outdated air dryer.
A real early version of a Wabco 1800 style. Those were problematic at best.
And if it does have a dryer, I seriously doubt it's ever been serviced.
What you mean you have to service them? The few I worked with sure had some nasty stuff inside when I opened them up!

precision dirt

Occupation
machinist, fabricator and owner of precision dirt
Don’t know if this was ever fixed but I had same problem on my 615. Turned out the air hoses that are ran through the wall of scraper bowl to the rear had blown. It’s encased and you don’t hear anything.