• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580L Electrical problem Wiring diagrams anyone??

Joebob1988

Hello Folks, I have a Case 580L that will not start without jumping the starter solenoid and once running, will not go forward or backward. I believe it is an electrical issue. There is a hard short in the #3 power relay circuit. It instantly smokes a 30 amp fuse for the "rear work lights" even with the harness to them unplugged. I have looked the machine over pretty good and have unplugged quite a few plugs in attempt to find the problem. Wiring schematics for this machine would be very helpful. Anyone experience an issue like this or have any ideas, Thanks in advance.

Joebob1988

I have the service manual for a 580L Series 1.
PM me your email address and I can send you a link to my Google Drive and you can download it.
I do not see an Icon anywhere to send a PM. Do I need to be following you to do that? I tried starting a conversation with you, I'm sure if that worked.

Ronin150

I received your PM. I will upload the manual to my Drive.
Then I will email the link to you. :)
Tinkerer,

I have a 580L series one. I thought the alternator was out and bought a new one. Still not charging. I am not getting any voltage to alternator to activate the field. I have no wiring schematics. Do you have any suggestions?