• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580k bucket dimensions

rdavison39

Occupation
Electrical Engineer, self employed
Hi there - i current have a 24" bucket on the back of the hoe and i see a 12" ditching bucket i'd like to buy. Measuring my current 24" bucket i have 14" between the 1 3/4" pin and the 1 1/2" pin (That is, 14 inches between the centres of the 2 holes). The 12" ditching bucket has 14 1/2" centers between the 2 holes. Will a bucket with 14.5" centres work on a Case580k or does the bucket have to be exactly 14" centers....

Thx

alrman

Occupation
Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
If your 580K still uses the "quick assist link" - the other bucket won't fit, as the link controls the spacing that you have & it is not adjustable.

rdavison39

Occupation
Electrical Engineer, self employed
Thx Arlman - not sure if i have the "quick assist link". Attaching some pics...bucket24.jpgbucket14.jpgbucket14.5.jpg

The 14" (between centres) is what is on there now (i.e. the 24" bucket). The 14.5" is the ditching bucket i'd like to put on...

Thx
Ron

dixon700

Occupation
heavy truck mechanic
I'd have to say it probably won't work unless you oblong one of the holes, then it will be sloppy. Just what it looks like to me.