• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580B Hydrostaric drive Transmission Pressure

Chrispapy

Good Morning!!!

I have recently acquired a 1971 580B Diesel hydrostatic drive backhoe, the tractor wouldn't move when I got it but since have unseized the forward reverse pedals and adjusted them according to the manual. the tractor works great in both directions but sometimes the when I stop it will not move. the transmission gauge reads in the low side of green but if I press the pedal the gauge moves to red. if I rock the rear wheels you can hear something engage and then I have forward and reverse. is there a servo or shuttle that is not engaging until I rock the back and forth?
TIA

DaveA

bad piston seal. Hang up and letting the fluid by until you presureize it up and few times, helping it seal. Chances are from sitting. it has built up rust in the cylinder sleave. Now the piston seal dont seal all the time. Had a case do this. it was a piece of gasket sealer got into the system

580bob

wrong case made them horror stories changed some back to power shuttles in the 70s case paid the shot