1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

580 Super E replacement seat

Discussion in 'Tractor/Loader/Backhoes' started by Lawrence M Paige, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Lawrence M Paige

Lawrence M Paige Member

Hi Guys,
    I want to find a new, economical replacement seat for my SE. Can you point me in the right direction regarding proper fit and price?
    Thx

This is my current throne....
    upload_2019-7-6_14-52-14.png

2. Bls repair

Bls repair Senior Member

Equipment operator,mechanic
    Take it to an upholsterers. Probably cheaper.

Coy Lancaster likes this.
  3. alrman

alrman Senior Member

Diesel Fitter;Small Business Owner;Cleaner
    Sometimes the steel outer casing of those seats gets a little too rusty to even consider getting it reupholstered.

If you do a google search for "forklift" or "tractor seats for sale" you should come up with some options at very reasonable prices.
    I have bought a few for under a couple of hundred bucks each in the past.
    You may need to drill a couple of holes in the pedestal frame or fabricate a bracket or two, nothing too difficult.

4. Lawrence M Paige

Lawrence M Paige Member

Thanks for the replies.
    I went to my local TSC and found this on sale for $145. Looked small at first, but is actually perfect. I threw in a pic for size comparison. Compared to a nice comfy bar stool, they are almost the same size...

upload_2019-7-7_11-27-5.png

upload_2019-7-7_11-28-31.png

aighead likes this.
  5. Bls repair

Bls repair Senior Member

Equipment operator,mechanic
    If putting it on a bar stool it should have a seatbelt:D

6. Steve111

Steve111 Well-Known Member

I got one on Amazon for 130. Looks great in there

7. Lawrence M Paige

Lawrence M Paige Member

$130 Is great! I would have done that, but I killed my "Amazon Crime" account, so I would have to add shipping. Also, I got it the same day I wanted it at TSC :)

8. Lawrence M Paige

Lawrence M Paige Member

Okay Guys,
    I installed it. Added a nice touch as well.
    upload_2019-7-7_17-46-12.png

ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS LEVER IS FOR???
    upload_2019-7-7_17-47-51.png

9. Lawrence M Paige

Lawrence M Paige Member

Okay,
    Since no one asked about the lever above, I'm gonna share it anyway.
    To spin my Case 580 seat, I had to slam the seat back to release the spin lock. I did not like this and this is what I did about it!
    The new seat rails were going to get tossed, but I noticed a nice lever attached. I cut this lever off and married it to a piece of tube I had.
    I then welded it to the spin lock mechanism and painted it. Now I can touch the lever and spin.
    Life is much better.
    Thanks for looking!

upload_2019-7-8_12-14-46.png

upload_2019-7-8_12-13-41.png

upload_2019-7-8_12-14-16.png

upload_2019-7-8_12-17-5.png

aighead likes this.
  10. aighead

aighead Senior Member

My seat spinner doesn't hold unless I hit it just the right way, happy to hear it's fixable without a whole lot of trouble. I haven't pulled my seat to see what's up yet, so it may be something easier than I expect. I'll probably go the TS route as well, that seems like a decent price. Is it comfy?

11. Lawrence M Paige

Lawrence M Paige Member

It feels nice and you can sorta adjust the armrest around before tightening them. If you get a good deal on it, you can't go wrong.

12. bowen

bowen Senior Member

Electrical Panel Builder
    Several years back, I bought and aftermarket # B94116 from Coleman Equipment. (Maybe $110?)
    I had some issue with the bolt (metric maybe?) but it was no big deal.
    Coleman no longer has these, but might be available elsewhere.
    This option does not have the arm rests.
    I also worked forever cleaning, oiling etc to get the seat-spin mechanism to work OK.