1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

580 Super E Decal Set

Discussion in 'Tractor/Loader/Backhoes' started by bowen, Dec 8, 2011.

1. bowen

bowen Senior Member

Electrical Panel Builder
  2. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

3. whatwas

whatwas Well-Known Member

I got 580K decals from these guys Dynamic Signs and Graphix in Milwaukee off E-bay. The decals were great and when I contacted them because I screwed up a "construction king" decal, they sent me a replacment free.
    Good Luck

4. bowen

bowen Senior Member

Electrical Panel Builder
    I have sent an email to both of these with no response yet. Quipcal shows only Cat decals on their website. Dynamic Signs does not show any either.

That set I found has most of the larger main ones, and I bet I will have to pay Case for the others or tape and paint around them.
    I do not know if these are the best quality, but as long as the look the same it will be Ok for me.

Some of mine are in real bad shape. I would like to remove the decals, paint and put new ones on that can be read.

5. willie59

willie59 Administrator

Service Manager
    Most decal shops don't provide all the various nick nack and safety (danger...warning) decals in their kits, but if you take a clean pic of these type decals and note dimensions they will make them for you. Most shops just provide the main decals in their kits.

Call Brent at Associated Graphix. http://www.associatedgraphix.com/

6. trevor b

trevor b Well-Known Member

bowen-look on e-bay .item #220750090224 look's like full set for $70.00 tb

7. bowen

bowen Senior Member

Electrical Panel Builder
    Wow. I had already looked on EBay and missed this. It's weird they do not really show a 580 Super E, but in the photos they show one.
    I have sent them a message asking about this. If they are correct this is the cheapest price I have seen.

And to Willie I will eventually want some of the various nick nack stuff. My problem will be that some of them will not be in good enough shape to get copied.
    Now I am working under trhe hood painting the air box etc.
    Thanks!

Case_580E_480_7-7-11 001.jpg

8. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

Bowen, It doesn't matter what shape your decals are in. Take photos of the decals that are not in the set. Email them along the dimensions of them to a couple of decal shops. They can reproduce about anything you send them. I have had some done with perfect results.

9. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior Member

Rental House Owner
    Bowen I got my decals from Custom Services Co Inc 768 N.W End Blvd Quakertown PA 1895
    I paid 75$ for the whole set on my 580 SE and were perfect They must be a division of Quip - Cal
    I called by phone don't bother with the email

10. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

You are correct Bill. They are one and the same.

11. bowen

bowen Senior Member

Electrical Panel Builder
    This was weird. I contacted them 1st via their online form with no response.
    Then when I looked at the EBay link from trevor b, it was the same folks.
    I just ordered a set of 580SE decals from Dynamic Signs... The set cost me $59.99 + $6 shipping. (Cheaper to deal direct, NOT thru E-Bay)
    Thanks for all the suggestions. :notworthy

12. trevor b

send pic's when painted tb

13. bowen

bowen Senior Member

Electrical Panel Builder
    Air Box Painted, Before-During-After

Air_Box_Before_12-4-11 003.jpg Air_Box_Off_12-4-11 007.jpg Air_Box_After_12-9-11 003.jpg

Up around the air filters was a 1/4" layer of dust that I could not reach to clean.
    I took the whole assembly off and cleaned it inside and out.

You can see all the junk that was between the bracket & fuel tank, starting to rust both parts.
    I repainted all the parts unassembled, including the frame mount.
    I ordered a new vent valve for the other side. New air filters etc.
    Get this. The inner filter actually looked pretty clean but the date on it was 1989.

All this is on temp only. I am going to take it back off, remove the fuel tank to paint it and replace the shut off valve in the bottom that is bad.

Next will be the front end and battery box.

Bowen

14. bowen

bowen Senior Member

Electrical Panel Builder
    Battery Box/Top, Before, Treated, and after

I had a problem with the battery box from a incident with a stump.
    Battery_Box_Bent_12-9-11 001.jpg
    It was bent pretty bad, and the top would not fit on. I had to stand on the battery to climb on the machine.

I took it off and torched out the crooked step rung, necessary to get the sides straight. Then I cut a new rung from 1/2" x 2" CR bar.
    It was amazing how much rust was under the battery.
    I cleaned all this as best possible then treated the thing with Ospro. This leaves some white residue which I had to wire-brush off.
    Box_Finished_12-24-11 015.jpg BatteryBox_Progress_2_12-24-11 002.jpg BatteryBox_Progress_12-24-11 003.jpg Top_Painted_Done_12-24-11 017.jpg

I primed all the parts then finished them with 3 coats of Case Power Tan paint. This stuff is good spraying paint. Dries fast and look good after thinning a good bit with Xylene.
    It is strong smelling paint and I learned the hard way to use a mask, even outside.
    Bowen

15. bowen

bowen Senior Member

Electrical Panel Builder
    Front End 580SE

Front_End_Painted_480_12-24-11 016.jpg Front_End_ReadyToPaint_480_12-24-11 006.jpg

The heavy duty front end was pretty beat up at the front corners. I had to use a file and a grinder to smoothe out the places damaged by trees etc.
    It looked like someone whacked the corners with an axe.

Case never really painted this thing good new. It looks like they paint these after they are assembled. The big spot with no paint was where the foam around the radiator sits.

This is the paint I used.
    Power_Tan_Paint_12-24-11 008.jpg

I also painted the hood and grill brown.

16. trevor b

nice work so far can't wait to see whole thing when done . tb merry ho ho ho to all my new h.e.f. friends .

17. bowen

bowen Senior Member

Electrical Panel Builder
    Decals_480_12-24-11.jpg

This is my $65 set of decals that finally showed up.

I don't need the extendahoe part, but they came with it.

18. rbmiles1

rbmiles1 Active Member

Wow, that machine is going to look sharp when you are done. You have to post pics.

19. bowen

bowen Senior Member

Electrical Panel Builder
    Battery_480_12-30-11 009.jpg
    I did get the rebuilt battery box all back on and my engine ground cable underneath back in place.
    I am proud to have the step/top back on so that I don't have to step on the battery climbing off the machine.

The radiator looked pretty bad where that had boiled it to repair the leaks, so I decided to paint this also before installing the front end.
    I did not paint the aluminum fins on the oil cooler.
    Radiator_480_12-29-11 005.jpg Radiator_480_12-29-11 006.jpg

20. GWS

GWS Well-Known Member

Nice work! I'm focusing on the worn out parts this year. Next year painting (maybe):D