• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

580 SL Battery Size

58jeff

Franklin Co. Va Moonshine Capitol of the world
Occupation
Landloard / Farmer
What group is the battery for a 1996 Case 580 SL the one I bought has a weak battery & I want one all charged up ready to go when it gets delivered Also any good sources for parts aka gas cap, cowl rubber mostly small stuff I know I can get it from a dealer but am looking for a little better $$ A manual also I checked E bay with no luck
THX
JJ

cat320

Charter Member
Well I just did my own baterry replacement and I went out and got a Mack Battery it was 950 CCA @0 deg. and it had alot of reserve. now that is for one but if you have aduel system you will have to get a smaller size battery to fit 2 side by side most likey arounf 6-700 CCA .

58jeff

Occupation
Landloard / Farmer
guess I'll have to wait

They jump started it easily enough at 4 degrees at the machine yard think I'll do the same so I don't buy the wrong . I should have looked when I knew the battery was bad but it was cold & I couldn't feel my fingers anymore
Thanks anyway
JJ

58jeff

Occupation
Landloard / Farmer
Should have been Group 31

It had dual batteries but they were good - alternator wasn't charging but it tested good I believe the self exciting wire is broken somewhere in the harness will eventually track it down. had to do a hyd oil change when the main suction line blew had to take the radiator out to get to it & finialy got the new tires on it now, I have a BIG hole in the ground & it is getting bigger !
JJ