• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

575 e newholland backhoe i need advice

wrench1

can anyone tell me where the timimg marks are on the engine i am replacing the injection pump thank you

sheepfoot

With the piston at no.1 tdc, the pretimed pump can be installed aligning the mark on the pump flange to the 0 degree mark on the front cover. tighten the bolts to 18 ft lbs. Align the key way on the pump shaft to the gear and the timing marks on the gear to the idler gear marks. Torque nut to 58 ft lbs. If you haven't pulled the pump yet, after going to tdc no.1, looking into the timing gear area, you will see your gear marks line up at the pump gear and idler gear, scribe your line on pump and housing, loosen your nut while holding the idler gear, remove nut and pull the gear with a puller, after removing all the extra linkage,lines, parts out of the way, take your three bolts loose and remove the pump. hope this helps some.