• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

540 dresser loader pins

adigger

I have a 540 dresser loader that is a 1987 I belive, it has about 1/4 inch of movement in the lower front half main hinge pin bushing.Does anyone know what is called excessive wear,i don't want to run it till I have to have it line bored but have no idea how thick the bushings are.I know no movement would be good but don't know what is considered bad.how big a job is it to replace pins and bushings and any idea where to get them our local komatsu dealer say they are not available any more.Any idaes abut after market bushings?

TOM V

Occupation
Mechanic, Welder, Office work ect.
Sounds loose to me I would address this before you need line boring. You can call Dozer Parts Warehouse in IL, they sell
I-H / DRESSER parts.
Good luck.