• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

534C-9 Gradall running problems

Loveladyp

Have a 534C-9 that has ran fine forever then one day it sat on the side of the shop at an angle and would not start back up just cranked forever with a little bit of ether it finally started and that's when the problems began I replaced the inline filter and spin on filter on it did all new fuel lines from tank to filters and to pump. took the tank off deep cleaned it was full of rust and filled with fresh diesel. and now it will crank for a few second and start and stay running just fine but as soon as it starts warming up it wont stay idling will just die and when it dies it will just crank and ill have to keep my foot on the pedal to get it to start again and keep my foot on it to keep it running as soon as I take my foot off it dies but if you keep it in higher rpms it will stay running. any suggestion or advice just stumped on what it could be

Delmer

What injection pump is on that? cummins 4 cylinder engine? Lots of thing could be wrong with the injection pump and injectors, or it could still be a lack of fuel.

Delmer

replace the priming pump on the side of the injection pump, they're a weak spot on that system and cheap. Or rebuild it with new valves and seals, even cheaper. Make sure the hand primer is tight in the meantime.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Make sure the injector return lines are tight .I have found them loose and sucking in air .