• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

515B Dresser

Sberry

Occupation
Farmer
I have the bucket pins fixed and found a loose exhaust manifold with some missing bolts. I slid a gasket back in place, tapped a couple holes and all in place. At some point i will get a new gasket. The throttle is stiff and hard on the knee. Next on my list is the brakes. It feels like just a littleand the pedals go way down.
Admit I havnt looked at the book yet as I was obsessed with the pins but I see they are wet brakes. As soon as I am around to it going to look at the manual but some guys are so good I learn from the splain, then book makes sense.
I operate a lot of various equipment but not much on articulating loaders. We are on snow ice and sure it makes a difference but in reverse it wants to swing the front around fast. Better brakes prolly help but it is something to keep eye on. Forward is very predictable but if turned in reverse it's a minor problem. 20210109_151343.jpg 20210113_184120.jpg