• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

500ton trucks...

cr500

There is a solution to transporting higher capacity tires. Two peice tires. If you made the O.D of the inner section of a 2 peice tire the same O.D as a regular 63" tire, what would its capacity be? Going a bit wider in tires, maybe similar size to the tires on a L2350 loader in 2 peice design would give some decent capacity gains.

Dayton3

I could talk all day about giant dump trucks. I'm not sure why. John Pope has a couple of interesting designs on his website. He does artwork for the magazine Industrial Vehicle Technology (IVT).

One is a 560 ton capacity dump truck with four dual sets of rubber tracks (Pope is very fond of rubber tracks) in place of conventional tires.

Another is the original Terex Titan 33-19 upgraded with new technology to give it 560 ton capacity.

Scrub Puller

Yair . . .

Originally Posted by Dayton3

I could talk all day about giant dump trucks. I'm not sure why. John Pope has a couple of interesting designs on his website. He does artwork for the magazine Industrial Vehicle Technology (IVT).
Those blokes actualy get paid to draw those things?

Cheers.

oldtom

Occupation
diesel equipment maintenancesuperviser
activeperson ?In 795 why did cat put Hitachi traction motors instead of using wheelmotors was it just too save $ on final drive /brake systems? Yes you're not the only one from cat

oldtom

Occupation
alco are you at rtz with r/c driveless hauler with twin steer eg Euclid R210 the 960,797,T282,MT8800 would carry 450-500+tonns on same size tyres and to go one more 3 axles running duals 600+ running 4000HP modern hi speed diesel .

oldtom

Occupation
Ross I tolled that the 1 customer told them we want a electric truck our 797 keep dying "B.H.B"?

alco

alco are you at rtz with r/c driveless hauler with twin steer eg Euclid R210 the 960,797,T282,MT8800 would carry 450-500+tonns on same size tyres and to go one more 3 axles running duals 600+ running 4000HP modern hi speed diesel .

Sorry oldtom, I have tried, but I can't really figure out what you're trying to ask.

oldtom

Occupation
Hi rosewood the Cat -Komatsu debate go's back to cat verses I.H. Wabco being where Komatsu present haulpac. & loaders came from

Maurice Muenks

Occupation
Owner of an independant heavy equiptment repair bu
Hi rosewood the Cat -Komatsu debate go's back to cat verses I.H. Wabco being where Komatsu present haulpac. & loaders came from
And that goes all the way back to RG LeTourneau whose pholificy back in the 30's & 40's "The jobs arn't too big; the equipment is just too small."
Check out his 5,800 hp 210 c/yd scrapers from the 60's, powered by 8 16V71's driving electric wheels

activeorpassive

Occupation
Electrical/Electronics Instructor for Big Yellow (
activeperson ?In 795 why did cat put Hitachi traction motors instead of using wheelmotors was it just too save $ on final drive /brake systems? Yes you're not the only one from cat

The 795 never has used and currently does not use Hitachi traction motors.