1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

4x4 manlift advice

Discussion in 'Forklifts/Telehandlers' started by tractormech, Aug 16, 2021.

1. tractormech

tractormech Well-Known Member

Hello all- Is there anyone here that knows of a TRUE 4x4 rubber tire manlift. We deal with beach sand and need all 4 wheels to pull. Everything up to now seems to have a wheel on each axle that pulls so they have to put plywood or boards down or they stay stuck. Appreciate any insight or recommendations you have on this. Thanks!

2. skata

skata Senior Member

How about getting a lift with tracks?

3. Old Doug

Old Doug Senior Member

That would be good because the Geni S60 at work is 4x4 but will sink if it seats on bare dirt very long.

4. tractormech

Most of these guys are small builders that do one house at a time and they pretty much have all bought used machines on tires. Some have big balloon turf treads and they would do fine if all the wheels would pull but I keep seeing one wheel pulling on all of them. This beach sand will bury one in a heartbeat.

5. tractormech

These things are heavy for sure. It's a constant fight with putting wood down on the job. If a wheel spins you're down. This sand is not forgiving.

6. CM1995

CM1995 Super Moderator

Running what I brung and taking what I win
    The best option I see is retrofitting their current units. Don't know the price of the tracks but a dedicated tracked lift is specialized and expensive.

Here's a manufacturer -

https://mattracks.co/tracks/ag-com/

7. JLarson

JLarson Senior Member

Owner- civil and heavy repair/fab company
    The tracked booms seem pretty popular with the tree guys these days so they are out there.

But yeah I'm yet to see a good off hardscape wheeled lift, we've unstuck a lot of them.