• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

490E pilot pump lubricant

Dr. Dozer

Occupation
Heavy equipment repair and salvage
It uses the oil from the hydraulic system,nothing separate from the main pump.

santafepa

ok guess i worded my question wrong. there is a dip stick on the left side of the main hydraulic pump, i think it's for the gearbox. i miss called it a pilot pump, my bad.. :beatsme

sheepfoot

santafepa, the 490e uses API GL-5 gear oil, temps 20-122 can use SAE 140, temps 14-122 can use SAE 90, SAE 85-140, so there is a good spread lube wise. Also my 490e operator's manual does not show it, it's left out of my book, has a page # but not in it, does reff pump gear box oil, does not give the amount or service change hrs. Hope this helps!.

santafepa

Thanks sheepfoot! thats what i needed to know. just bought this machine a few months ago and i seen today the level was low. :notworthy