• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

450J de rating engine. Need help!

Canadian_digger

0718767B-916F-43E3-AFB1-C6E752DE694A.jpeg 7CF894D3-A863-4C68-B5BB-0D14D9820E61.jpeg Have a problem with my Dozer. It’s a 2005 John Deere 450J has around 4600hrs. The engine iS de rating. I’m getting two codes. 1569.31 and 1076.31.

My dealer told me. One is the de rate. The other is fuel pressure solenoid on the injection pump. They told me it could be the solenoid, so changed it, but it didn’t help. The problem seems to get worse when the dozer warms up. My operator used it for 4hrs today before it started acting up again . It’s intermittent. It’s comes and goes. Which scares me to get Deere to come down with my luck when they show up it will be running fine. Any ideas? Things to look for?

Canadian_digger

The problem ended up being a bad connection where the wiring harness connects to the ecm. Bad connection on the pin wire that goes to the injection pump. Easy fix but frustrating to figure out.