• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

450c question

altonlee

I have an older 450c don't use it much, just a toy.

But my question I tried to use it yesterday and was trying to push a hole to bury some brush. When I got the hole deep enough I had trouble getting the 450 to climb out of the hole the right track to pull. The left one seemed to work fine but when I would get almost out of the hole the right track would stop like I had pulled the brake. On level ground it seemed to roll fine but when put in a hard pull it would stop.
Any one have any suggestions on what is starting to happen? And what can I do to fix it.

Thanks in advance

altonlee

It is hard to find anything on the 450c jd on the net. Do you know of any downloads or manuals for this crawler?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
First thing I would do is go through the steering/brake adjustments. Maybe tool_king can help you with a complete manual?

Attachments

• 450C Steering Clutch and Brake Adjustment 1.pdf
    452.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 450C Steering Clutch and Brake Adjustment 2.pdf
    651.1 KB · Views: 2