• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

4000 Transport with carbody/house

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
excellent picture of a great load.

heavylift

Nice load....what's the ground clearance.....

They had crane like that stuck (high centered)across a major highway about 15 years ago... They were bootlegging it to the next job.... 3 axle tractor and trailer.... I think they may have got a ticket or 2... They had 2 oil field trucks trying to lift the trailer at first... then 2 real wreckers showed up to help..
After they unstuck it. It sat in an empty lot for a week.. then it disappeared... don't know why it set.. my guess would be for permits or a different trailer or jeep...

monster truck

Heavylift, that trailer has hydraulic towers on the jeep and dolly to raise and lower the deck. With the Cozad we had the deck would be three and a half feet off the ground with the towers all the way up and the trailer empty. Loaded with towers in the same position it would have less than one foot of clearance but the height would vary depending on weight and concentation of the load. I always ran with the trailer as close to the ground as I could get it and only raised it if I needed clearance.