• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

3phase Forklift Battery Charger?? No 3phase at new shop

KeithDaley

I have a Hobart Battery Mate charger.
S/N 498CS45764
Model: 750H3-18C
It’s a 3 phase charger but I do not have 3 phase at my new shop. I heard it can be wired to run on 2 phase or single phase. Do you know if it’s possible and if so how? Thanks

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I can't tell from those pictures but if there was a schematic available I might be able to tell.

I would be concerned about ripple capacitors being overpowered if trying to run on single phase only, might need to talk to the manufacturer.

Delmer

I'd search three phase welders on single phase, it's reasonably common and reasonably easy. Just add capacitors, which you can find in scrapped window AC units most easily.

The other solution is getting a 120V charger if you don't run the forklift for more than a few hours a week.

Tenwheeler

I do not know about that but you can probably buy a 3 phase inverer for $1000 dollars or less.
I ran an electric fork lift on a 120V golf cart charger for 10 years. It has its down sides but I would do it again.