• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

385C's

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
The picture was probably altered using a photo editor.

This picture was the original.

Dozer 2.jpg

This one was editted using Microsoft Photo Editor. Under Effects I clicked Embossed and this is how it came out. There are alot of other effects too but that's just one of them. :)

Dozer.jpg

Here's a couple more. First one is using the Texturizer and second one is using excessive image sharpening.

Dozer 34.jpg

Dozer 45.jpg

catd8t

Occupation
bulldozer excuvator operator
oh nice i thought it could have been the weather or something lol

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
Our deepest sewer last year was around 50ft give it take a couple feet. It sucked for backfill, the 1 mile stretch we had took 3 1/2 months to backfill with a D10, D9, D8, and 2 973's and 6 Dynapac sheepsfoot packers.

Buckethead

Occupation
Operator
I don't know if we are talking about the same company or not.The R&R that I had referred to is based out of Burlington County NJ and is a Union Shop.If it is the same company I don't recall anybody with your name {sorry}.Right now I am working on a storm sewer project in Jackson NJ.

Bump

ZAXIS

Occupation
Mgr./Member of Rainwater Construction Company, LLC
:eek: For anybody starting up a new line of equipment, just paint it like the Cat above and I will take 2. One to put in the front yard and one to trailer around town to pick up chicks. Thats an awesome looking machine.
I agree countryboy, I like the HITACHI orange color on the Cat-at the end of the day it's still a cat though.

hvy 1ton

The technique used is called High Dynamic Range. There are 2 ways to make an HDR image, take a underexposed, overexposed and normal photo, or take one photo, using a program to under and overexpose the photo. HDR combines the aspects of the under and overexposed images using the normal photo for a reference. Done right, you can make some cool photos. HDR wiki

mikef87

Occupation
owner/operator/mechanic/laborer/truck driver
Our deepest sewer last year was around 50ft give it take a couple feet. It sucked for backfill, the 1 mile stretch we had took 3 1/2 months to backfill with a D10, D9, D8, and 2 973's and 6 Dynapac sheepsfoot packers.

What kind of shoring did you use? Deepest I've seen was 40 feet, deepest I've done was 30 feet. We drove soldier piles and lagged the trench. What kind of machine did you use to go down that deep?

Burnout

Occupation
Shoring?...lol No shoring for us my friend. We just slope it, not to spec mind you, but nobody seems to worried about it. We Pre Trench when we have to go that deep. If one of the big hoes is handy we will pretrench down up to 25ft and go around 50ft wide so that the 385 can sit down in the pre trench and dig the last cuts. As for the "big" hoe I mentioned above, its nice when we can pre trench with one of the PC1250's or the Hitachi 1100. Last year we did some pre trenching with the 245 and a big bucket, that was a bit slow. But normally we're pre trenching with the 385's.

mikef87

Occupation
I take it your out in the woods when you can go 50 feet wide? The majority of ours sewer jobs around here are nice tight confined areas, where you can barely dig wide enough to get your pipe. Do you have any super sticks for the machines or all regular long sticks?

Burnout

Occupation
All the 385's we use in underground have custom long sticks on them. We only do new subdivision, no renewal jobs so we have all the room in the world for swingin around 100 ton excavators.

mikef87

Occupation
All the 385's we use in underground have custom long sticks on them. We only do new subdivision, no renewal jobs so we have all the room in the world for swingin around 100 ton excavators.

You lucky son of a gun.

Burnout

Occupation
Ha ha, I just jumped on a 375 now. We are pulling out the road base down a existing street. When I got there today I figured yeah we must be usin the 330B to pull out the road. Foreman looked at me and said nope.... we're gonna use a 375 for this. She's a bit big for this job.

Wolf

You got any pictures to post, Burnout? Sounds like an awesome machine with lots of room to play.

Burnout

Occupation
About to make a post in a bit. I got some new toys today, another 973, and I have a 627G workin with me now, and 1 more comin tommorrow.

NL1CAT

Occupation
Operator
Digging slagpits at the steelmill...

Attachments

• 20060124 284.jpg
    20060124 284.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 895
  • 20060124 285.jpg
    20060124 285.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 888
  • 20060124 286.jpg