• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

366 C7000 down on power

Welder Dave

My 95 with fuel injection needed a new distributor. I got a Chinese distributor for under $150 and has a lifetime warranty. Came with Ignition control module and cap and rotor. Just an ignition module was the same price. Pick ups in the distributor are apparently a common problem. Every 6.0L/366 I've owned had a cracked exhaust manifold on the passenger side. 1975 6500, 1995 Topkick and 2000 Silverado 2500 pick up. I've heard it is very common but don't know why.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
My 95 with fuel injection needed a new distributor. I got a Chinese distributor for under $150 and has a lifetime warranty. Came with Ignition control module and cap and rotor. Just an ignition module was the same price. Pick ups in the distributor are apparently a common problem. Every 6.0L/366 I've owned had a cracked exhaust manifold on the passenger side. 1975 6500, 1995 Topkick and 2000 Silverado 2500 pick up. I've heard it is very common but don't know why.
The ignition, the governor and they're just plain overworked.

Welder Dave

The distributor is the same as used in pick ups which I think is why they are so cheap. I just use the truck for a water truck. If I made my living with it might go to a better brand.

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
There is a whole website dedicated to that pig. Including how this, that and everything else works, how to convert to this or that.

Occupation
Sign show owner
well it has been some time, but it bent a push rod. I pulled the heads and had them rebuilt. There were 2 stuck exhaust valved that had to be hammered out. It had good compression, spark, air and fuel (tests OK) but was running as a 6 and not an 8. The head rebuilder says it is common with bad (old) gas. It has probably been running with these 2 bad valves for over 10 years