• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

36” ditching bucket - Wanted- Kentucky

farmboy555

Occupation
Owner Operator
Looking for used 36” ditching-clean up bucket for my yanmar vio 35 with pin grabber 35-40mm pins. Located in Ky
thanks

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
After looking for a couple years for one for my Case 580 Super N, I bought a new one from AMS attachments. I bought the bucket with a weld on cutting edge, but it arrived ready for a bolt on edge. It was obvious it wasn't heavy enough to work without, so I added the bolt on edge. All told I must have $2000 in it with tax & shipping.

treemuncher

Occupation
eatin' trees, poopin' chips
There's a guy that sells buckets and attachments in Lone Oak (outskirts of Paducah). Some new, some used. He's across the street from the John Deere HE dealer. You might find his ads on Craigslist or FB Marketplace.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
After looking for a couple years for one for my Case 580 Super N, I bought a new one from AMS attachments. I bought the bucket with a weld on cutting edge, but it arrived ready for a bolt on edge. It was obvious it wasn't heavy enough to work without, so I added the bolt on edge. All told I must have $2000 in it with tax & shipping.
I bought the AMS, it is large capacity, perfect for backfill.
Yesterday we were electricians, not excavators. The excavator used a six ton New Holland excavator with a 36" toothless bucket. I was very surprised it has approximately half the volume of mine. Made the progress quite slow!

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
If you buy a bucket that has side pin teeth all you have to do is weld a cutting edge to the 2 end teeth. That way if you need a tooth bucket knock the pins off the 2 outside and put 2 teeth back on.

36" on our 305. Just keep 2 extra teeth in the tool box on the machine.

IMG_4946.jpeg

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
If I had only one bucket it'd be toothless.
With a toothed bucket I can (with my machine) dig 50 feet of 46" deep ditch in an hour.
Bedding the ditch, laying conduit, sand above & back filling the ditch is where it takes time.
The wider toothless bucket is many times better suited to these chores.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
If I had only one bucket it'd be toothless.
With a toothed bucket I can (with my machine) dig 50 feet of 46" deep ditch in an hour.
Bedding the ditch, laying conduit, sand above & back filling the ditch is where it takes time.
The wider toothless bucket is many times better suited to these chores.

WB what type of soil do you have up there? Between the clay, rock and chert we have down here you can't dig a trench without teeth. That edge on our 36" bucket is for curb backfill, subgrade prep and cleanup.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
WB what type of soil do you have up there? Between the clay, rock and chert we have down here you can't dig a trench without teeth. That edge on our 36" bucket is for curb backfill, subgrade prep and cleanup.
Soil ranges from ultra fine sand at "The Land", to boulders at home. Everywhere else I seem to dig it might be very hard packed with football sized rocks in it, to loose gravel. I don't often put the toothed bucket on.

Biggest value in the 2' wide toothed bucket is I can dig a ditch 2' wide at bottom. It means slightly less soil comes out to be piled along side of ditch. My theory is digging ditch is much faster than filling a ditch. Removing loose spoils from a lawn is a slow process. Restoring the lawn after removing those spoils takes most time.
I experimented with a large number of pans made from cut in half 275 gallon oil tanks. I feel it saved restoration time. I would dig 10 feet at a time, place the spoils in the pans. After installing ten feet of conduit, & bedding it in sand I could lift a pan with chains at four corners, & dump them in the ditch. It saved raking time. I can restore a 4' wide ditch faster than a 20 foot wide mess where spoils were removed from the lawn.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
WB might want to look at the trash pans they use for high rise building construction. Concrete forming company next to our yard has a couple. Might be the ticket for your spoils and they are designed to dump by cable.

gwhammy

With a pin grabber a lot of other buckets will work. I've got a cat bucket on my 9 ton, only had to change the back pin spacing.