• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
I guess shag is back in style this year. lol Is that a hi-walker undercarriage maybe it's just me but that undercarriage kinda looks like on some of the logging roadbuilders, just triple grousers instead of double and no thumb. Even with all my complaints about Cat machines they still look good hopefully this will change my mind too.

alco

I haven't liked a single Cat hoe since the demise of the 200 series...ie: 205/215/225/235/245. Maybe this time they'll get it right, but I'm not holding my breath.

cummins05

I never have spent much time in the 2 series cats.

I have just found every cat hoe I have ran is a piece of worn out junk

But the JD Hitachi komatsu hoes with the same or more hours owned by the same company are in better shape and dig harder.

When do these new Es come out for sale I would demo one and give it a shot

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
245d,

It's the variable undercarriage, similar to the 345bLME on that job, but same idea. Interesting seat cover to be sure...

and just so no one says "its a 336 or 374"... here's the plate. *on edit, I really need to check the first page before posting*

Attachments

• DSC01650.JPG
    DSC01650.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,434
Last edited:

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
To make up for not checking with 9420's photos, here's one of my photos that doesn't look quite the same as his :pointhead

dsc01651f.jpg

*side note* Is anyone else been having trouble with attachments not resizing anymore?:bash

Jam

Occupation
Building contractor
Beautiful machines i wonder whether the B or the E will last the longer hours? Is there just too much electronic and emission stuff hanging off them?

j.r.

Occupation
hoe operator
do you guys have it on demo? i work down in md maybe theyll send it my way next :)

9420pullpan

Beautiful machines i wonder whether the B or the E will last the longer hours? Is there just too much electronic and emission stuff hanging off them?

as far as the emissions are concerned i am pretty sure that the DPF and other filters will have to be replaced at certain hour intervals by LAW. Basically it will be the law to replace the filters and the machine will de-rate and will have enough power to be put on to a truck to be replaced.

cummins05

The DPF equiped machines will regen and burn the soot out

I doubt they will de rate for replacement cause the filter will end up plugging over time and the owner will want to replace it to get his fuel economy and performance back

Just like the trucks that have DpF filters

They my even have urea injection on them

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
245d,

It's the variable undercarriage, similar to the 345bLME on that job, but same idea. Interesting seat cover to be sure...

and just so no one says "its a 336 or 374"... here's the plate. *on edit, I really need to check the first page before posting*

Ah, ok after looking at it a few times I think it's also how high the house and engine compartment cover appear. It's been a few years since I was on anything bigger than a 330. And I gotta agree with Alco nothing beats how much of a ground breaker the old 200 series was and how long they lasted. I still miss running 245's for Sureway there was just something about those old dinosaurs that kept me coming back.

cummins05

I ran a cat 245 for a day when i was a young teen don;t remember much about it except it was hot and my loader had air cond lol

I might have to find one now im older and play around with it to see what you guys keep raving about my uncle has a 245 I think might have to go visit him.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
What I was told about the clean out cycle is that it is automatic and there is nothing the operator can do about it. I hadn't heard of any derate operation at all.

I do kind of think that this is a little dangerous as well. Suppose you are setting a vault and have men in the hole when your machine decides to go into regen. What are you supposed to do with ten to twenty trucks when your machine stops to take a dump?

I'm for cleaner air but really I know where I live the air is cleaner now by far then back in the late sixties.

I have also heard of a law suit staring up about the height of the house behind the operator and the safety of others on the job site. I doubt it will go anywhere what with cameras and TV monitors I've seen in the cabs now. But that is just another expensive add on that will raise the price. How many jobs will all this cost us?

245dlc

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
The environmental controls are getting ridiculous, and putting rear view cameras on excavators that don't really need it what a joke.

Jam

Occupation
Building contractor
The days of a little puff of black to know she is working are well and truely over :(

joep

9420pullpan, that 349 is parked with some allan myers equipment where are those machines parked, i think that 349 was the same one we had at work. I work for Ransome Cat in bensalem

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Does this mean the Cat secret police are coming to my house now?

You guys have no idea how much that whole episode ticked me off... :mad:

Thanks for the new pics, fellows. :notworthy

*side note* Is anyone else been having trouble with attachments not resizing anymore?

And yes, the picture re-sizer seems like it got left behind in the server move. Squizzy was supposed to pack it, but he thought CM had taken care of it, and CM thought OrchardEx had it in his truck.... It's so hard to find good help these days, ya know? :rolleyes:

We're working on getting it back. :bash

JimBruce42

Occupation
operator
Till the resizer gets found.... here's the only other appropriate sized one I got

dsc01654r.jpg

Seems the buckets are getting bigger, awesome :drinkup:notworthy