• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

320DL - No Start Condition

mrappels

Occupation
Diesel Plant Fitter
Hey zimbo, its been a while, but yeah i'm still around. my location has changed slightly. whats up?

Pep Joe

Occupation
Heavy equipment technician
You all failed to mention injector pump solenoid test with Cat ET to determine if it's good or not. I am having a starting problem with same 320D sn BWZ02250 with a C6.4 engine sn GDC13710
I have an active code of 1779- 6 Fuel Rail #1 Pressure Valve Solenoid : Current Above Normal
that means a need to change the pump cos it's not a serviceable part. we placed order hoping when it's ready it will fix the starting problem.

I like all your troubleshooting contributions. this indeed a learning site.

Pep Joe

Occupation
Heavy equipment technician
thats what happened when i diagnosed it, - the 5v sensor supply was disabled due to a faulty sensor, in fact all but the rail sensor were not working.
ive replaced all the sensors and there are no codes. i was watching the popup window and no codes featured. thats also why i included yhe injector disabled status on the et screen in case i missed it somehow.

i will see what i can manufacture although tbh resources are limited to bits of scrap.

like i said earlier tho, the injectors, the rail(which includes the prv) and the rail pump are all new.

thanks for the ideas on where n how to test, will let you know what i find in due course.

if you a have a copy of the latest version please could i ask u for it. not sure if mine is new lol, as its off the 2008b SIS

will also see if i can alter the desired pressure.

many thanks nige!
Injector disable will be on if the engine shut down switch is on. off it and disconnect your ET and connect back it will be off. i know i'm replying to a long time post but it could help