• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

3176 blowing ecm fuse

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
We just ordered a new one had cat program this morning and it works fine. Weird parts is the machine it came out isn't a series two the motor was switched i guess.
7ZR engine S/N prefix remained the same between the earliy 345B machine and the Series II. However the Engine Arrangement Number changed (from 126-0054 to 173-0355) and amongst other things like the turbo, pistons/rods, and injectors, the engine control software also changed.

rmllarue91

Occupation
field technician
7ZR engine S/N prefix remained the same between the earliy 345B machine and the Series II. However the Engine Arrangement Number changed (from 126-0054 to 173-0355) and amongst other things like the turbo, pistons/rods, and injectors, the engine control software also changed.
Thanks nige for engine arrangement info

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Based on what I found I would say that a complete Series II engine should drop straight into a Series I machine and vice versa. The only thing that might cause issues is the lack of a fuel pressure sensor on the earlier model.

What would really kybosh you on an earlier machine with an S-II engine installed would be replacing something like a turbo or fuel injectors. To get the correct ones that would have to be done based on the engine Serial Number rather than the machine S/N.

rmllarue91

Occupation
field technician
Update machine got a new ecm ran good till almost end of season. It dies on a pile pushed it out of way to diagnose. It did start after but died twice walking 20 feet. Had no communication on data wires. It had power and ground to data link connector. Had other harness damage. So installed all new harnesses besides right armrest harness machine has 30k plus hours..... They where shot fixed a bunch of issues but after an hour of running it dies. I ran it watching laptop never did die..... Did throw timing sensor codes 190-2 190-8 very erratic not storing them. I ran it on fill pile with out laptop..... It acted up 5 times shut off crank no start. Every time taping on ecm starts right back up. Ecm has 604 hrs on reman what's chances of ecm failing on timing circuit so internment. Got another machine on site where going to swap see if it fixes. Wish I had a lab scope and could watch senors output.