• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

310SG Electronic parking brake engages in F/N but not reverse

Tak47

I was driving my SG in forward the other day when it slammed into park at about 10mph. Checked fuses, F12 (FNR/Park Brake/SG Unload Valve) was blown, replaced it, it blew again when put in gear. Replaced a second time to release the parking brake and pushed it to the garage in neutral.

For some reason now it isn't blowing the fuse but when you put it in reverse with parking brake on it moves, doesn't set off the stop light. Parking brake functions normally in reverse and neutral and does set off the stop light.

Swapped the parking brake relay and the problem persists. Any help appreciated, it's a weird issue.

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Welcome to HEF Tak47;)!

Serial number?

Please desribe in better detail the actioins taken to blow the fuse.

Tak47

Blowing the fuse happened while driving is all I can say, second time the fuse blew it went when forward got engaged after replacing the fuse.

I don't have the S/N where do I look for it?

mg2361

Occupation
Equipment Mechanic
Is the fuse blowing intermittently or every time you place it into forward? Does the fuse blow in any gear 1-4 or just one gear like 2nd?

Tak47

I suspect it's a board problem but dunno where the board would be. I think whatever caused the fuses to blow is also causing the ebrake not to engage in reverse. The issues happened at the same time.