• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

310 Prentice Log Loader Swing Problem

hotsaw

I really appreciate this forum and want to thank all who so willingly take the time to write.
I am working on 310E Prentice that only swings one way. The pumps all check good pressure. I dead-headed the hose into the gauge coming from the valve to the swing motor and it has very little pressure. The other hose was good.

It has a CMX160 Vickers Load Sensing Valve section. I've been through just about the whole swing valve section and can't find much wrong. What am I missing?

Also when you try to swing the "bad" way the main boom will not lift at all. And when you swing the good way the brake will not come on in neutral. Anybody run into this?
Thanks so much.
-Hotsaw

maytag

Occupation
Hydraulic technician in a steel mill
swing

Be much easier to troubleshoot if you had a schematic-not sure if you have crossport relief valves or anti-cavitation valves in the circuit but either of these could cause your problem if they were faulty. If the Load Sense valve is like most that I'm familiar with there will be a shuttle valve that routes the pilot fluid to the pump from whichever motor line is high (A or B)-I have seen these shuttles stick.

Good luck
Tom

hotsaw

Thanks Tom...I just changed the shuttle valve on the same side of the valve that has the low pressure but it still don't work. I'm starting to wonder if its in the motor but I did not have good pressure by dead heading the hose.
-Jason