• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

303c cr Cat no drive power

Mcgyvr

Ok, we dont have much for power to the tracks i have confirmed the rabbit turtle mode is working (thanks to here) both tracks seem to be of equal power, as it warms up it is noticeably weaker it will push OK with both but will not turn just one in either direction and in dirt it will only try to turn on its weight with sticks in opposite directions, this has been slowly getting worse in the last couple of years. Pressure check where and how much and adjustment location? Hydraulic Fluid & filt. changed every 1000 0W40 used as it can get cold in Atlantic Canada. Thanks

Attachments

• cat0303ccbxt05016.jpg
    cat0303ccbxt05016.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 10

Tanthony

Ok, we dont have much for power to the tracks i have confirmed the rabbit turtle mode is working (thanks to here) both tracks seem to be of equal power, as it warms up it is noticeably weaker it will push OK with both but will not turn just one in either direction and in dirt it will only try to turn on its weight with sticks in opposite directions, this has been slowly getting worse in the last couple of years. Pressure check where and how much and adjustment location? Hydraulic Fluid & filt. changed every 1000 0W40 used as it can get cold in Atlantic Canada. Thanks
Have you had any luck with this issue? I purchased a 304.5 and noticed a similar issue. One thing that I have noted in my case however is that the power to the tracks seems very good upon first starting the machine. Then it seems to taper off the longer I run the machine which leads me to believe the problem likely has to do with the oil heating up. In either case though, running the tracks at the same time in the same direction still appears to work ok. But turning (with either 1 track or both) usually results in no movement at all once the machine has been running for a while.

jhon karls

Occupation
Technical Mechanical
This collection contains the following 3 manuals:
Cat 305C CR engine service manual. S4Q2-T
Cat 305C CR operation and maintenance manual
Cat 305C CR parts manual

Manual descriptions:

Cat 305C CR engine service manual.
Engine model S4Q2-T
serial number:
HWJ3001-UP (machine)