1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

303.5 switch above wiper, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by TomWei, Jun 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. TomWei

TomWei Member

its a afw 303.5
    ive tried to reach wiring diagram but cant figure this out
    any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Per Eriksson

Per Eriksson Senior Member

3. TomWei

TomWei Member

thanks, ive been staring at that diagram for days. i really need to go back to school. i even google interlock sw, had no idea what that was

4. Chrisso

Chrisso Active Member

Diesel Mechanic
    Never seen one of those before. Looks like a switch that disables the wipers when the front window is stowed. Is that how it actually works?

5. TomWei

TomWei Member

6. Per Eriksson

Per Eriksson Senior Member

Correct, saves you from getting slapped in the face by the wiper.

For printing or posting small sections like this I use Windows own snipping tool, for complete schematica I just do it directly from Cat SIS.

Chrisso likes this.
  7. TomWei

TomWei Member

just called cat to see if i could get sis info for machine. no go. i just want to correct parts and part.cat is a pain

8. Nige

Nige Senior Member

Are you still looking for a complete electrical schematic.? I can send you one.
    One thing I would say is that IMO an iPad screen is too small on which to read a schematic. I have a 20" screen on my laptop and at times even that isn't big enough. It can be worth your while getting hold of the schematic in pdf and having a local print shop produce a paper version on something like A0 (46" x 33") size paper.

9. Chrisso

Chrisso Active Member

Diesel Mechanic
    What information are you chasing? If it's just the interlock switch the p/n is circled in the image above.

10. TomWei

TomWei Member

thanks, yea, if thats cool, ill reach out in dm with email. thanks nige.

i just find it posted to website each time i need, but there are ads everywhere and ive tried 10 ways to save as pdf and it comes out all wrong. have each section screen captured but thats a pain tracing

chrisso, its my machine. planning on using it a lot and just my first time tearing it down this far. adding a pile of lights and sensors. have other posts around here getting it up and running to make some money.